Step 1: making the pancakes
1 pinch of salt
2 large eggs
250g self-raising flour
1 tbsp butter 1 tsp olive oil
- Pour your flour into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre with the back of a tablespoon.
- Pour in the eggs and half the milk then begin to whisk together.
- Once the batter starts to stiffen up nicely, add the salt and the rest of the milk to the mixture and whisk until completely smooth.
- Cover the bowl with a sheet of cling film and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Add the butter and olive oil to a hot frying pan and wait for the butter to melt and bubble slightly.
- Pour in the pancake mixture and lean the pan accordingly to ensure an even shape.
- Cook until the topside of the pancake heats through and begins to solidify around the edges.
- Give the pancake a flip and fry the second side just the way you like it. We recommend golden brown.
Step 2: creating the tasty fillings
“Breakfast of champignons”
1 standard carton white mushrooms
1 pinch black pepper
1 clove crushed garlic
1 250ml carton crème fraiche
1 tsp olive oil
- Chop the mushrooms into chunky slices.
- Put the olive oil in a pan and heat to a high temperature.
- Add the mushrooms and crushed garlic and fry for three minutes.
- Pour in the crème fraiche and sprinkle in the black pepper.
- Turn the heat right down and simmer for 5 minutes.
“The twisted popeye”
Ingredients: 150g regular bag baby leaf spinach
100g gorgonzola cheese 1 dash milk (to taste)
- Heat up the spinach on a medium setting for 2 minutes, tossing regularly until it begins to wilt.
- Add in dollops of gorgonzola and stir on a low heat until you have a creamy paste.
- If you prefer a milder flavour, try adding some milk to the pan.
“Nuts about Maple”
1 small bag pecan nuts
200 ml bottle Maple Syrup
- Grind up the pecan nuts with a mortar and pestle. If you haven’t got one at home you can use the back of a dessert spoon and a small bowl.
- Drizzle in generous glugs of maple syrup as desired.
Step 3: the best part
Choose your tasty filling to drizzle down the centre of your pancake.
Roll up and enjoy!