It may be American in origin, but the concept of Black Friday has, in recent years, really caught on in the UK. Many consider Black Friday the official beginning of the holiday shopping season, with huge discounts available on numerous products for a limited time. In 2015 Black Friday falls on 27th November. To make sure you don’t miss out on any of the best, but limited, deals available, check out our tips on how to prepare for the Black Friday sales.
Prepare in advance
Make a list. It really helps you concentrate on things that you want without getting distracted by clever marketing gambits that tempt you into unnecessary impulse purchases. List the things you need for yourself, the home and family, and also get a head start on the Christmas shopping. Do your research and find out which stores are offering genuine sales and compare prices for the same product in different stores.
Planning to queue outside shops from dawn? Forget it! Many of the best deals are available on the Internet, as opposed to in-store. This offers numerous advantages including not needing to battle other shoppers for the best bargains. You can take advantage of all the best combo deals online, plus free shipping offers which saves you on lugging around laden bags!
Get these deals
- If you like Argos for home furnishings, personal care items and toys, check out their Black Friday deals. Register for Black Friday at Argos to get quicker access to the best deals and to opt for in-store collection up to 7 days after purchase.
- Check out Black Friday Deals on Amazon, which include up to 65% off books, up to 59% off beauty gadgets from Braun, 40% off VTech baby toys and more. Plus you may find even better deals if you shop via the Amazon mobile app.
- Marks and Spencer started offering Black Friday sales from 2014 and have previously offered up to 43% reductions in clothing, furniture and more. This Black Friday, they have offered ‘jaw dropping sales’ on Christmas food, sparkling wine, toys, 3 for 2 gifts, home sales and more. Additionally you can check out currently active Marks & Spencer offers.
- Tesco’s Black Friday deals will also delight you: save on all sorts of items such as toys, nursery products, home ware, big brand electronics and much more.
- Debenhams Black Friday 2015 deals are also worth checking out: beauty products, future, apparel, gifts, electrical products, weddings, Christmas and more!
- Get amazing Black Friday deals from Boots on fragrances, electrical beauty products, toiletries, gifts and personal care products.
Don’t forget Cyber Monday
If you didn’t find the deals you wanted on Black Friday, don’t worry – there is still Cyber Monday! On the Monday following Thanksgiving you will find exclusive online deals; some even better than the Black Friday sales. Even smaller retailers offer great deals at this time. Keep an eye the Voucherbox pages to make the most of this entire shopping season.