How to encourage new friendships while getting great deals
Now we all love our kids unconditionally of course; but they don’t always make the best choices when it comes to befriending people. If you don’t like your kids’ friends, you’re not alone. A recent Voucherbox survey conducted around Playground Politics revealed that as many as 41% of parents disliked their kids’ friends because they perceived them as “badly behaved, spoilt, bullying or manipulative.” So clearly, many of us have reasons to discourage those friendships and encourage new ones. Here are tips and deals to get right on the job encouraging kids to make newer, better friends:
Organise a trip to the cinema
Take it from us, kids really bond at the movies so organising a cinema outing may be a great idea. They get all excited about the heroic characters, agree about the action sequences, sigh over the same good-looking people. If your kids are old enough you can stay in the vicinity, but let the kids watch the movie without your presence (lack of close parental supervision may just up your kids’ cool quotient!). These deals will likely help:
- You can save money buying movie tickets from Odeon. Currently they offer 30% off popcorn combos and discounts on Harry Potter DVDS. You can enter a competition to have a chance at winning prizes such as Trolls hereO watches or a family adventure.
- Vue Cinemas currently lets you save up to 33% on Tuesday tickets so be sure to check this out as well.
- If you’re thinking of organising the cinema event at home, Zavvi deals such as these may help: get 2 box sets of your choice for just £30, 3 for £30 Blu-ray discs and exclusive subscription deals.
- You can also avail 15% off your next HBO order when you sign up for the newsletter.
Organise an outdoor activity
It is in everyone’s interests to get kids out of the house and involved in some physical activity. The parents of your kids’ would-be friends will really appreciate this too. Our study found that 30% of respondent parents had issues with the parents of their kids’ friends as well; so the parents getting in the circle is an important aspect as well!
- The Mountain Warehouse currently offers 50% off everything and clearance items at up to 65% off. Shop for hiking boots, camping gear, outdoor clothing, skiing equipment, cycling gear and much more; all at rock bottom prices. Plus the outdoor equipment store currently delivers free if your order is above £50.
- Shop outdoor gear for less at Blacks: check out the jackets sale, the fleece sale and tents sale and also be sure to shop by price: be sure to check what you can get under £10, from £20 to £30, £40 to £50 and so on.
- Also check out Ultimate Outdoors: currently there is free standard delivery (orders above £70), free click and collect, free rewards, and students’ discounts available.
Short-listing some sort of craft activity is also great for kids to bond and again, the parents may approve (plus is may be a lot less hassle and logistical tying up for you):
- The Hobbycraft store currently offers 20% off when you sign up for the store club membership, has attractive 3 for 2 offers, half price deals for half term and also offers clearance prices on over 400 products.
- The Craft Superstore has plenty of ideas for paper-crafting, scrap-booking, card-making plus 15% of when you sign up and a bunch of great offers in the clearance segment.